Wednesday 31 July 2013

Loving the Dracula quotes!

“I could not resist the temptation of mystifying him a bit, I suppose it is some taste of the original apple that remains still in our mouths.”
Bram Stoker, Dracula



I'm having a marvellous time finding good quotes from the original book of Dracula to pepper liberally into my third book.


Set at a Boarding School, the whole of Year Six are expected to take part to some degree in the Year Six Play. Even if their only job is to pull back the stage curtain, every pupil has to be involved somehow.  As all my main characters are in Year Six (covers age 16 - 17), the play is a focal point for a lot of their interaction.


This year the play they are performing is Dracula. So I'm finding some quotes either for them to use or maybe to start each chapter if I can find enough that are relevant to the unfolding story.


How about this one?

“I want to cut off her head and take out her heart.” 
Bram Stoker, Dracula 

It's brilliant isn't it! I know I've felt that way about another girl once or twice in my time, lol. 
Though I suppose I should mention that actually Van Helsing says it about Lucy who has become a Bride of Dracula

I'll just leave you with this one which was clearly written about me (not)

She is one of God's women fashioned by his own hand to show us men that there is a heaven where we can enter
Bram Stoker, Dracula

 www.amazon.com/dp/B00C14KSH8


 


No comments:

Post a Comment